Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve!

Hi Everyone!

Well, it's New Year's Eve, and I know I haven't posted in a week, but I've been really busy and without internet. I finally got internet installed Monday night (guy was supposed to show up between 1 and 3pm, showed up a 6pm, left at 9pm) and it's awesome! Although it's faster internet, I forgot how slow my computer is, but you have to realize that it's now 6.5 years old and holy crap, if you're a tech geek, you would tell me to upgrade NOW. Well, I think I'll do that in a couple of months.

Anyway... Christmas was great, got lots of fun stuff, the boyfriend came with me back to Cali and will be here for a week or so. He's awesome by the way, he put away about 75% of my stuff away while I was at work on Monday - and motivated me to help me do the rest when I got home, and the result - I've unpacked everything as of Monday night. My apartment looks like a home, just needs furniture (but it's looking more and more functional). By the way, the drive on Sunday was 13 hours from SLC, the holiday traffic after Vegas was just unbelievable - 3 hours to go from Vegas to Baker which is 86 miles!!!).

We're about to get ready to go out to dinner, so I got to go get ready and try to make myself look pretty and festive for tonight :) Happy New Year! Remember to eat your lentils tomorrow - I forget if it's a French thing or a my dad's side of the family thing - but the more you eat on New Year's Day, the more money you'll get throughout the year. Plus, it's awesome fiber and protein, and tastes fantastic with shallots. Yum!

Today, grateful for: A fantastic year, and spending tonight with the man I love. Interesting thing today? We had crazy mist outside - right out of The Mist movie - AGAIN. Have fun tonight and please, don't drink and drive. Bonne Année!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey! bonne année cuz!! cool to see that you're making your own flat cosy... it's so nice that time when you begin by yourself in life!
i wish you the best for that special 2009 year hopping that work will offer all you deserve and for sure i wish you love, health and hapiness!!

Lilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilie said...

Who is this? LoL. Did it really snow in Marseille? Saw the pictures, that's nuts! People must be freaking our on the roads...

Happy New year to you too! I wish you the very best!