Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just passing by...

Well, hi...

It's been a while, I thought I'd update everyone on the move. Mom & SD Came over tonight from Oceanside, we had dinner at my new place (brie en croute w/ a sort of apple strudel for dessert, yum..!) and mom left me the laptop for tonight. Thanks, mom!

So I cleaned the apartment Sunday morning, Mom & SD arrived around 2pm, we got everything inside (so much stuff!) and then we went to the furniture store where I saw my dream couch. Remember how I needed 36'' of clearing and my door's only 31''? I thought I would get that futon since it would fit, but guess what... it turns out my dream couch is only 30'' tall without the legs, so we just unscrewed the legs and got it delivered right away! And now I couldn't love my couch more, it is soooo comfy, plus, I got it under $500, and it's an official Ashley's couch. It's a nice breath of fresh air considering the mess everywhere else.  Now, I'm not really a messy person, but there's stuff EVERYWHERE and for a few moments it gets really depressing. So I thought I would show you everything:

Day 1, empty apartment before I bring stuff in:



Now, after I start moving stuff in:

This is the best TV reception I could get: snowy channels.


After the parents bring all my other crap:



My new couch!!! Sorry it's blurry...

Things are starting to get put together:


So my apartment is finally looking like a fun place to live. I'm using my computer desk as a TV stand right now, which is a little tacky but it works. My aerobed is fairly comfy, it'll do until I can find a bed. Work has been a roller coaster - I feel overwhelmed some days, but others, like today, felt really good because I'm finally starting to do things on my own. 

So tomorrow after work (I'm hoping to leave around 2pm) I will leave for Oceanside and spend the night with the parents, and Saturday too. I've never been to Oceanside and hear it's really pretty. For those who don't know, it's about an half hour to an hour north of San Diego. It'll probably be a 1.5 to 2 hour drive for me, depending on traffic. This Cali traffic is pretty bad, but bearable. Honestly, I was driving along PCH and saw the ocean as I left work, and said to myself, "wow, I live here. I live here!" So it's a happy moment. 

So today I'm grateful that I have internet for a night and can read $teve's blog, among other updated blogs, that I'm going to sleep better tonight because I think the bedroom heat vent is now working (the vent in the living room has heat coming about 3x stronger than my bedroom, leaving my room around only 60 degrees at night), that I had some company tonight, and that I went for a stroll on the beach right after sunset and it was beautiful (although cold - about 50 degrees). I've been seeing something funny on the way to work: A restaurant names Versailles, but it's Cuban food. That's just classic.

Well, hope everyone's having a great week, happy holidays if I don't blog before Christmas (I'm not getting internet installed until the 29th unfortunately), and may you all think of things you're grateful for, and the little silly things that get you through the day. Later!

1 comment:

$teve said...

I like it. Very nice apartment...and that $teve guy's not worth the read. He just talks about celebrities he wants to see naked and stupid pet tricks or something. He's the Letterman of the internet. :)