Friday, December 5, 2008

Gotta get some muscles

Hi everyone,

Well, today I got off at about 2:30 PM, visited the Sales Office, met some really nice and friendly people, then finished packing... as I switched hotels today. My mom had told me (considering I'm carrying pretty much everything I own with me) that I had to stop being cheap and just get assistance with my luggage. Well, it's not that I didn't want to tip somebody (although I do hate tipping, the awkwardness of handing a few bills at the right moment, I don't know... anyone have tips on tipping?) and I DO hate spending money when I don't have to (I'm a salesman's worst nightmare), but I decided I needed the workout anyway. So I got my huge suitcase with about 80% of the clothes I own, 3 or 4 duffel bags, a few tote bags, my mom's laptop and my purse to my car in 4 trips - while taking one set of stairs to the garage (couldn't do all 7 floors!). That felt good, got some muscles and saved a few dollars in the process.

This new hotel isn't bad, but the walls are paper thin (who knows WHAT's going on to my right right now) and it's small, but it's just me. There's a kitchen so I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and probably buy some lettuce, veggies, and some kind of protein I don't have to fry, like beans or lentils. I know, boring... but sooooo good. I'm happy to be healthy again and not eat scrumptious greasy stuff :). Dinner tonight is banana and almond butter sandwiches, tamari seaweed brown rice crackers, yogurt with trailmix, and I'll indulge in this Trader Joe's chocolate bar with raisins and pecans. Yum! All while typing this and watching "Wedding Crashers" on TBS.

Tomorrow I'll probably do laundry too, as I'm running out of underwear and don't really want to go commando. I'll also check out the area more, buy some chocolates for the office Christmas party tomorrow, unpack, iron some clothes, maybe go to the beach if it's warm enough (supposed to be 69 degrees). I'll keep you posted.

So I'm grateful for the weekend, and my unusual thing today? The concierge lounge employee from the first hotel actually was there when I checked in at my second hotel today. He remembered my name since I introduced myself a few days ago as the new manager. I also felt embarassed because when I checked in today I was in jeans, tennis shoes and a t-shirt and looked like a teenager about to kick it and relax. Oh well, give me some credit, I'm not going to haul a bunch of heavy luggage in a suit.

Have a great Friday everyone! TGIF!!

No comments: