Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Screaming with joy in the car

Hi everyone,

So, work again is good, still learning new things... I even met the GM of one of the places I'll be managing and she gave me a big hug. Very friendly people, those Californians! That'll be my cool, unusual thing for the day. Today, in the employee's cafeteria (yes, I get free food) we had pork chops with caramelized onions.... so good. I need to cut down on the meat though, I'm having eggs and bacon for breakfast, chicken or pork chops for lunch, and some kind of ground beef wrapped in phyllo dough at night (man, it's good though!). Tomorrow, banana and almond butter for breakfast it is. Might go vegetarian for a day or two to balance everything out :)

So, after the work day is over, I get on Craig's List again to look at apartments, even though I had made my decision to go to SB. Well, SB posts again today... saying ocean view at $1425 a month. So I call her, saying
Me: I'm interested in that upper floor w/ ocean view at $1425 like I saw posted today on Craig's List.
The landLady's really nice by the way.
LL: um... ok, normally it's still $1475 but can you print the ad? If it's there then I suppose we can honor it.
Me: Ok, can I come by with the application, and whatever else I need? Can I come in about a half hour?
LL: Sure! You need the deposit, application fee, and a copy of your DL.
Me: No problem.

So I go and give her my stuff, look at the apartment again, and basically she will let me know either tonight or tomorrow morning if it goes through. Cool beans. I get in my car and start screaming at the killer deal I just got. Not only am I saving $50/month because of my suave confident negotiating skills (which I never had... until tonight) but the move in special makes it also so that I'm only paying about $700 for two months. Plus, I'm in an apartment that I decided is the absolute perfect place for me. I'm also doing a 6 month lease, and I asked if the price would go up after 6 months and she said very unlikely because of the economy. Plus, I can stay month-to-month after the lease is up and keep the same price. Holy crap. What am I grateful for today? I think I just spelled it out for you. :)

So hopefully everything goes through, I honestly don't know why it wouldn't, because I have good credit and a good history, so... but I'll keep you posted! I've decided that I should probably move in on Sunday (14th) instead of Saturday like planned. Why? Because I can just save extra money that way considering the hotel is cheaper per night (sadly) and my parents won't be in Cali till about noon or after on Sunday. Considering I don't have many things, I can just move in that morning and be done by noon. I've even started couch shopping on craig's list and have found some good deals... so I think I'll save my ikea gift cards for something else.

Getting excited! I hope you all had a fantastic day, and wish you a pleasant tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mesia said...

Sounds exciting!! Congratulations on the pics. by the way, you need to tell me how you came up with your code name...ha!ha! if you feel this is to open you can make your blog private and have only those you know look at it.

Lilie said...

Cool, Mesia! Thanks for the tip. I don't mind having this on the internet so that others may be somewhat entertained, but I'm trying to stay mysterious to those I don't know :). My code name? Well, it's actually been my nickname since 7th grade, and at my previous job, so everyone in Utah at the center (most readers of this blog) know me as Lilie, and it was my phone name too. Now that I've told you, please don't call me Lilie in person, I really prefer my real name :) Have a great night! I'll see you on the 31st or before perhaps?