Monday, December 22, 2008

Last night in Cali

Hi everyone,

Well, the boyfriend finally made it last night... with a 5 hour delay. Meaning, we didn't get home till 1am, and we were so excited to see each other (it's been... 3 weeks?) that we talked a bit, and basically I got about 4 hours of sleep last night as I had to go to work around 7ish.

It rained all day today but started to clear up a few hours before sunset, so when I got off work I thought I'd show him the beach nearby - and it was extremely windy and a little cold, but I just loved that ocean breeze and the ocean was churning. Dinner equaled improvisation with the leftovers I had to cook before it went bad and my man liked it (yay! Got a picky eater, you know...) and we were both exhausted so we're going to bed soon. I'm just packing up because... we're driving to Vegas tomorrow! I'm getting off work at 2 and then here we come. Hopefully we can arrive early enough to go to the Paris and get a crepe for dinner or something. That'd be sweeeeeeeeet. 

Well, it's almost Christmas... and I'm grateful and excited to see a bunch of family and friends, as well as New Year's Eve - I'm seeing a few cousins I haven't seen in a few years. Something unusual today - My man volunteered to clean up after dinner while I pack. What a thoughtful, unexpected and delightful surprise. Also, be sure to check out the one day photo project - I haven't posted my pics yet but I see that Dr. Mookie Love did, and I know many more will follow. Good night!

1 comment:

$teve said...

Thanks for the shout-out...but one thing disturbs me. It's been three weeks...and you guys just talked? It'd better be more of a "talked" than actual conversation after that long. Anyway, that's just my word. Enjoy Vegas!!! See ya on Saturday!!!