Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Busy day

Hey all,

Well, today was a very busy day at work. I started getting a bit overwhelmed toward the end, but the boss told me that it was okay, to remember that I only started a week ago. Tomorrow's going to be another busy day since we didn't finish everything. Looking forward to it! No, that's not sarcasm. I actually like it when we're busy because time goes by faster, and suddenly, it's 4 PM and I get to go home and watch another 2 hours of Family Guy. Some of my favorite quotes tonight:

Quagmire: Dear diary... Jackpot!

Quagmire: What the hell's CPR?

Peter: Holy crap, that building was on fire?

Stewie: What the deuce? (well, that's a given)

Well, and there were more funny moments, of course... but I finally turned off the TV, made myself some dinner (the last chicken sausage with a nice bed of mixed greens and cranberry trail mix). For dessert, I've got nonfat yogurt with blackberry applesauce. Yum! 

Well, I've decided to go sign my lease on Thursday at 4, then she'll give me the keys sometime Saturday night/afternoon, and I can move in first thing Sunday morning, yay! I can't wait. I actually drew in Windows Paint the layout of my apartment, so that you creative people out there can help me with the designing and decorating. Mom and stepdad are bringing me a round glass dining table that seats 4, with chairs, and I found a couch on Craig's list I really like... I emailed them to see if I can go see it sometime this week. I've got a good idea of where I want to put stuff, but I'd love to hear everyone's input. Please bear in mind that it may not be to scale, I'm not an architect and, who am I kidding, this is Windows Paintbrush. Here's the layout: 


So yeah, hope everyone's having a fabulous day... I had a slight moment of despair today at work because my boss and I work on something many times every day, and although I get the general concept, it's still not completely clicking and we were selling out today AND tomorrow, not to mention that Tuesdays of Week 2 are the busiest day, so yeah, I was a little overwhelmed. No, I didn't cry, that would be the Aurelie from a few years ago (ok, a good 8 years ago) and I'm just gonna stick it out and it'll click eventually. I stayed at work till 4:50, and was fine with it, despite the headaches. I also feel bad because I keep yawning in the afternoon - maybe because I have quite a meal at lunch (some kind of BBQ'd chicken today, with mashed potatoes, and a salad bar). I'm not bored, I promise!! :) Maybe because tomorrow's a busy day I should consider caffeine. I'll bring some black tea, which I discovered from The Mad Scientist. Thanks, T! 

So today I'm happy to have a supporting boss and another colleague that just cracks me up every day... and the fact that I got out of work just before 5 and there was still no traffic, I got to the hotel in about 10 minutes! Something unusual/funny/exciting today? Hmmm.. well, the sky was so clear that I discovered there are mountains by L.A. HUH? There's mountains by LA? I guess that's what people mean when they say that they live on the other side of the hill (This is West L.A. I'm talking about, by the way).

By the way, I've had a few people (actually, just one or two) always asking me if I got to the hotel safe after work, especially walking from my car to the hotel. That's really sweet, and I really appreciate it, but therefore I just want to remind everyone that I'm in a pretty good area, and that I do not live in the big city of LA. Plus, in my apartment, I'll be in an even better area than where I am right now, with covered parking (which I'll love, I've been dealing with that crazy rainy frost Cali gives in the morning, what do you call it, windshield morning dew?), so no worries, I'm fine. Thanks for caring though :)

Good night and happy Tuesday! Ooh, Ruby Tuesday sounds kinda good... wonder if there's some around here...

1 comment:

$teve said...

Peter: "Huh, what's in this Beyond section? AAAAAAAAAAAAGH oh theeeere's the coffee mugs."

I'm not really creative...so I have no suggestion for your Beyond section...other than maybe a coffee table...or a rug that really ties the room together. :)