Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting the hang of it

Well, howdy all,

'Tis a Wednesday night, and I feel pretty good. Aside from the fact that I ACTUALLY wanted to go work out today and all the machines were taken (for real, there's only 1 operational treadmill and 2 stationary bikes, and the bike thing was too tall and I tried, I promised I tried to bring it down for the little short person that I am, and I couldn't for the life of me). I went back to my room, and went back about a half hour later - same scenario, everything was taken.

Oh well. Not tonight I guess. Which sucks, because I had a lot of Pepperidge Farm butter cookies today. And a small chocolate truffle. Yeah. Other than that, I ate really well today. In fact, here's my funny thing of the day: I start hard-boiling eggs for dinner, and I completely forgot how long they're supposed to boil for, so I call Mommy (I know, you can stop laughing now) but she didn't answer so I left a message. I needed to know - especially because I had 3 minutes in mind, but I knew that that had to be for a soft-boiled egg. Then I finally remembered - that I had internet not 2 feet away from me. Let's google it! And there I got my answer: 10 minutes. Vive Google!

So now, work. Mixed feelings throughout the day. Basically, all morning until about 11 am, I was super happy - I was getting everything done on my own, starting to do it a little faster too. Then I find out that there's still a whole report to put together for the meeting tomorrow, and apparently I forgot to do a certain part. I WHAT??!? I swear I did it... I must be losing my mind... but we knew because the data was the same as last week's projections. Holy crap. So I do those, and we put everything together... and then around 2:30 PM, I imported the wrong file into the report... and that's a 20 page report that I copied 4 times to give to the meeting... so now the data's jacked. No worries, it's been fixed, and I'm not killing as many trees as I thought, I just have one page to change and print. After that, I checked inventory again now and then... and think we'll do just great for tonight. I'm already becoming obsessed with checking inventory every hour, every 20 minutes even sometime... so, yeah, that's a good sign I suppose. I'm optimist about it :)

Well, tomorrow's a busy day - meeting a VP at 10, holiday lunch at 1130 with the coworkers, meeting at 2, sign my apartment lease at 4, and seeing a couch about 15 miles away at 5:30. 

Wow. I just saw a Circuit City commercial saying don't pay interest or whatever for 36 months when you use the Circuit City credit card. Uh, won't they be completely out of business by then? Anyway, that's my random thought of the day.

So today, I'm grateful that one of my colleagues, who cracks me up, and lives clear in Ventura County, told me that she's got an Avocado tree (or whatever Avocados grow on) and guess what... it's avocado season!! What does that mean? She's got a bunch she'll bring,  and I get free avocados for a while... yeah, it doesn't take much to make me happy. :) Happy Wednesday night!

2 comments:

web said...

hi ... nice to meet u

Lilie said...

Well, hi! Welcome. Glad you enjoy my rambling. How did you find this blog? What's your story?