Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIF

Well, it's here, the day we've all been waiting for... Friday!  Although I'm spending the evening on the laptop and in front of the TV, I'm ecstatic & grateful at the idea that I get to sleep in tomorrow (sleep in = 8 am for me).  Didn't get much sleep last night - around midnight, the neighbors started either yelling at each other or spoke one of those languages that sound like they're yelling at each other.. past midnight, and really loud. Yeah. Then I woke up around 4 am and felt really sick, almost like I was going to throw up... so I'm excited for the weekend. I survived work despite feeling like crap all morning, my boss worked from home so I did most things on my own or on the phone with her. 

So I was going to see 2 couches tomorrow - but both have been sold :( and tomorrow I've decided to go to Ikea and another furniture store, just to check it out and see what I find. I'm also waiting for people to email me back on their ads. It's going to be a busy day tomorrow. I'll probably go to the apartment in the late afternoon and start unloading some basics, and start cleaning. I'm also going to buy all the basic stuff I need to clean the apartment, sponges, paper towels, etc... man, I haven't cleaned an apartment since... I don't know, 5 years ago?!?! Again, welcome to real life. I'm actually quite excited. It's my own place, so it's different. There's consequences if I leave it dirty or cluttered. Why not make cleaning fun? :)

Ok, so now I'm just being wierd. Well, what made me chuckle today? The fact that the garbage can in the kitchen is just full of chinese take out boxes (5 to be exact). I feel like a bachelorette from the Carl's Jr commercials. "Without us, some guys (girls) would starve." Yeah. Can't wait till I can cook something yummy this weekend. Plus, Mom & Stepdaddy are coming, hurray! A little company sounds just awesome. Happy Friday night!!

No comments: