Monday, December 1, 2008

First day at work!

Hi everyone,

Well, I survived my first day at work... not only survived it, but reinforced the thought that this is the prefect, ideal job for me. There's so many commands that I know already, although I had to learn a lot of new ones... but I'm understanding a lot of things. My boss even said "See, you don't even need me to train you" "Yes you do (chuckle)." Really, I've got a lot to learn, and I can't remember every single thing unfortunately... but I totally see myself doing this within a month like it's second nature, and even being obsessed about it. I mean, a lot of this stuff is crazy boring to most, but it's analytical and strategic and I love that. This is such a happy moment for me. What am I grateful for today? I finally found a good paying job that is perfect for me, and in a state full of sunshine and beaches. Conclusion, it's been a good day today. :) If only the boyfriend were here to share it with me... (I'm still debating on his code name for this blog).

I'm still a little congested,  and a little tired, but not too bad. I drove my mom at LAX this morning, left at 4:30 and got there at 4:43, and was back in my hotel room by 5. There was really dense fog though, like in the movie "The Mist." Since I initially wanted to wake up at 6, I thought I'd try to get a little shut-eye for an hour... but I think I was way too excited about this new job and couldn't sleep. I ate breakfast in the concierge lounge (eggs and bacon, yum! Going to have a heart attack by the end of the week, LoL) then hopped off to work... and got there about 20 minutes early because traffic was better than expected. Yay! That's my unusual thing for the day: almost rush hour traffic, but only a 10 minute drive on Sepulveda and the fog lightened up. I can deal with that!

So, thanks to my cousin Mesia, I figured out the way to add pics. Here are the pics for you of those two apartments I talked about yesterday. 

Milano: 







SB - Second floor 



Bright living room

Outside entrance

Well, tell me what you think, but I think I'm going to go with Milano. It's cheaper, nicer, the amenities can't be beat... and still about 10 minutes from the beach and a very decent area. I decided that I can do a 6 month lease and leave then if I really can't stand the busy street. As long as it's not as noisy as Blvd. Sakakini (noisiest place in Marseille where my grandma lives), then I can survive.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: