Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's official...

Well, hi everyone,

Today was a pretty fun day - got to work, a program was down so I just read my manual, met a VP at 10, went to lunch with the office (6 ladies) at P.F. Chang's, and they actually gave me all their leftovers because they know I'm a starving college student... well, not really, that was years ago. Now I'm just someone living out of a hotel and relies on refridgerated and microwaved food. It was delicious! Had some more for dinner tonight. Ah, chinese take-out...

Then, we had an hour before my big meeting with the GM and a sales manager, that I've been waiting to meet, so I just chilled in my hotel room until then since it was nearby. The meeting went well, although I must have spoken about 3 words - and let my boss do all the talking. Everything was interesting, but I hate how after lunch I yawn sometimes. I'm really not tired, I think it's just eating a lot of food (does that happen to you too?), and once or twice I had to control myself before I let a yawn out. How embarassing. The GM had his eyes on me about 80% of the time, I felt like he was testing me out considering I was going to take my boss' place on what she was presenting. Scary. But her doing the talking was expected - I told boss lady:

ME: "Uh, shouldn't I know what we're talking about before you present?"

Boss Lady: "oh no, don't worry, they know that you're new. If they ask you a question, I'll answer."

Well, ok, that worked, but again, I gave the impression that I was really shy (which I am anyway). But after the meeting, the GM left and the sales manager showed me the property, and then I showed my side of the girl who shows a lot of interest in the product and asked a lot of questions, made some comments on my experience so far, gave some suggestions for improvement, and I was just really friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I'm sure he got a much better impression of me after that. Good. Then he can tell the GM. And they can trust in my suggestions for their product & services for the next meeting. Now, I just have to figure out what those suggestions are...

So then... the big moment, I went over to sign the lease on the apartment, yay! Pretty painless process. Then I went to the apartment itself because she said that they completely changed the carpet in the living room, and it was a slightly darker color (I gasped a little... I liked the light beige, bright living room). Well, I went, and it's a tiny bit darker, but still a nice tan color, and the apartment is still bright. Not only is it still bright, but it's all finished... the new cabinets in the kitchen are nice, everything is newly painted and remodeled. I did figure out though that even though it was clean, there's still some basic cleaning to do around the stove, and the bathroom sink (I'll do the tub and toilet too while I'm at it). But the rest is good to go! And the best part of my day (this is what I'm grateful for today, and what made my heart smile), the sun was setting over the ocean... and I could see it from my living room window. I repeat, I saw a beautiful orange/red California sunset over the ocean... from my living room. Yeah. Now, again, why the frack didn't I come here sooner? LoL. Oh yeah, college. And the fear of living on my own. And not having mom to take care of me. But guess what? I grew up. Still need my mommy (as you saw from yesterday, I forgot how to hard-boil an egg). But again, I'll be just fine :) 

Nice, right? Well, after this, I went back to the hotel, and called a guy who is selling a couch to see if I could see it tomorrow, but guess what... he's out of town tomorrow morning till Monday night. "Can you come now actually?" "Sure!" So I drive over there, see it, it's a really nice young guy and his girlfriend selling one of their couches. It was nice, comfy (important) and it's beige/tan. A nice neutral color. I'm going to see another one Saturday, then make my decision.

Well, it's time to call it a night. Hope you enjoyed today's post. Good night!

1 comment:

$teve said...

Congratulations on the new crib! And the new couch? :) New couches are awesome. I should know. I'd sleep on mine if the bed weren't so damn comfortable.

Glad you're enjoying your sunny weather and that beach thing.