Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wow, over a week?

Well, I'd like to start off by wishing everyone out there a very happy new year! This is fantastic. The start of many, new wonderful things. I thought I'd make a list of resolutions, I'll bore you with them in just a little bit.

First I want to apologize that I haven't posted for a while... the boyfriend's been here and we spent an amazing week together, so I barely had time for that thing called the "Internet." He left last night back to SL, and he'll come back... who knows when. Valentine's day maybe? That'd be sweeeeeeet! I actually stayed at work until 6pm today (got there at 7:20) because... well, honestly I wanted to try and finish something, although it could wait until tomorrow. I usually leave work by 4:30, and at 5 everyone was getting ready to leave. "Geez, you're still here, Lilie? Go home!" "Well, honestly, I have no one to go home to..." and they all felt kinda bad for me. I felt bad for me. I miss ya already, babe :) but also, I knew traffic at 5pm on PCH would be horrible, so I thought what the hey, I might as well leave around 6pm. Well, traffic was worse at 6 than at 4:30... surprise there... I learned my lesson. 4:30 it is.

So now I'm living by myself again, and the apartment DOES feel super empty. It was nice to have company. However, I like to look at the bright side. Now I have time for this blog, I can finally do laundry, I'm going to clean my dining room table that's full of junk, enjoy a beautiful 71 degree weekend in a few days to do whatever the heck I want, maybe walk on the beach (I walked 1h and 45 minutes on the beach by the way last weekend... and got a nice v-neck tan line on my collarbone. Yay! It was only 60 degrees yet capris and a t-shirt felt just fine). I'm also going to start looking at beds because I can't sleep on an aerobed forever (it pinched me the other night! Owie!), dressers, shelves, things of that nature... because my stuff is still just all over the floor. I hate disorganization!

Watched a few fun movies over the week, such as "The day the Earth stood still" with Keanu (not bad, slightly predictable in my mind), "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler - of which I believe the Guinea pig should win best supporting actor, cuz his eyes are just out of those funny eye popping animal greeting cards, and "The curious case of Benjamin Button" - with Brad Pitt, which was SO good in my mind, although it made me cry... I definitely recommend it. Something I'm not proud of... about 3 days after watching it, I had an epiphany thinking about the movie in the shower. "Sweetie, I just realized what the huge clock meant!" "OMG." Good times. I definitely recommend the movie :). Oh, I also saw "Seven pounds" with Will Smith... and I was absolutely BAWLING (ok, I tend to cry un peu beaucoup). Because it's from the director of "The pursuit of Happyness," I thought it would be a feel good movie. I won't spoil it... but basically, it was just really sad.

So, work is... work, boss lady leaving on Friday, and after that I'm pretty much on my own, a little scary, but boss lady's boss will be there to help, but she's got other fish to fry so I can't bug her every 5 minutes. Gotta start working by myself now :)

New Year's resolutions. Here goes.

1. Gained 8 lbs in December (gasp!) Would like to lose those again, and some more. (wow, did you know that the first one would be weight-related? Of course you did, I'm a chick)
2. Go back to the wheat-free dairy free diet
3. Get in shape (walk to the beach, use the gym @ work, do sit-ups on the yoga ball, get a kickboxing and/or pilates DVD)
4. Smile all day long
5. Go to bed at 10PM on weekdays (ha!)
6. Be responsible financially (I's got bills now!)
7. Try to join a casual volleyball team in the spring
8. Limit consumption of chocolate (sigh)
9. Stop eating brownies and cookies at work! (maybe that explains the need for resolution # 1...)
10. Keep loving your family & friends
11. Get a new PC so that I can play Counter-Strike Source in my spare time... and also because I'm sick of this POS
12. Make L.A. County my new home for this year and take advantage of this beautiful area
13. Be the best I can be - at work, at home, with people.

I think that'll do it for now. I guess we'll see next year if I've accomplished all that.

Today I'm grateful for not running out gas in the middle of traffic in LA. Something interesting? Hmmm... I tasted green tea frozen yogurt... and it was... indeed, interesting.

Good night everybody! Glad to be back on the blog :)

1 comment:

$teve said...

Glad that you had a great time with your boyfriend for the Holidays. Good luck with the resolutions...but I know that you'll easily be able to achieve them. Oh...and Auld Lang Syne is Scottish, not German...or French.

P.S. Screw your 71 degrees!!! I can't even get that in my apartment without leaving the oven open. :)