Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pardon my French

Hi all,

Well, the weekend is ending... and I'm pretty much finding myself doing stuff the boyfriend would never do with me - watching teen chick flicks, sunbathing, spending hours at BBB, and making hummus with way too much garlic. That's right, I made my own hummus, and it's actually edible! I've been holding true to my eating lifestyle... so far. Lost 5 lbs on the fruit flush by the way :)

So, today I got to thinking - crap. I've been so busy with work and other things that I've pretty much forgotten the fact that: not only am I supposed to register my car in Cali, but I should have done it within 20 days of being here. I'm just hoping I will only pay penalties and not go to jail. Anyone an expert at this? Please be honest, I'm gullible. Oh, and don't tell me to lie to the DMV, I'm not going to lie to the govt. Gotta work on those organization skillz...

So, otherwise I finally found the shelves for my kitchen and bathroom that I was looking for. I started mounting them (a little scary, I don't really play with hammers and screwdrivers) and I figured it out. This is where a man comes in handy, but I thought, hey, might as well learn. How does the saying go? "Fish for a man and you'll feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime." That's my # 2 motto (#1 - "Everything happens for a reason").

My funny moment of the day - me trying to sit on the stove to put a screw in the wall and thinking out loud: "M*rde! Ca serait pas marrant si mon cul prennait feu!" (Sh*t! it wouldn't be funny if my @$$ caught on fire!). Yeah, got worried about those turn dials for the stove there. Luckily, none got accidently turned on :). I'm a little paranoid if you haven't noticed yet?

Anyway, I didn't mount all the shelves because I took a break and had my "need to register my car" epiphany, and started researching DMV stuff. Aie aie aie. Not proud of myself. Live and learn, I guess.

Hope everyone's weekend was fun... today I'm grateful that my ass did not catch fire and that the hummus turned out pretty good. What are you grateful for today? Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

A.P. said...

I always thought your @$$ was on fire!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

$teve said...

Thank you for the new pickup line Lilie!!! I've always wanted to tell a girl her ass was on fire without getting slapped...just a confused look...