Thursday, January 22, 2009

Always a First

Well, there's always a first for everything!

Today:

First time I saw a cop on PCH - and actually thought I could get pulled over going 2 mph over

First time this month I get to work before 7:30

First time I have a breakdown in the office... the first one while everyone was gone, but my boss noticed, so asked me if I was ok, and broke down in front of her

First time I get a 3 day weekend at my new job... yay!

First time I spend my whole lunch hour (well, more, an hour and a half) on the phone with HR, trying to figure out how to make me eligible for benefits. It's still not 100% figured out... I'm waiting till Monday to see if I need to call back and yell at them

First time driving on PCH after the rain and no flooding

First time I ran two full minutes on the beach after work today (walked the other 35)

First time the ocean gave me an earache and dried my eyes out

First time I see a bumper sticker on a cop car that says "WATCH THE ROAD." I can't watch the road AND read your sticker, genius.

First time I set my out of office email on

First time this week I actually got cold in my apartment (dropped to 64-ish today)

First time this year I'm going to do a to-do list for this weekend... and execute it

First time I'm going to start reading again... (again? I never read!)

First time a check got cashed for rent and the electricity bill (ouch!)

Today I'm grateful for an understanding boss who helped me finish all I needed to do today yet let me do it on my own too and encouraged me to leave after I was done with everything (which I was) and just have a fantastic weekend and get my mind off this busy week. She also assured me that we're all criers in this office, so no worries, it's ok to cry. Phew! Ouf!

Have a fantastic weekend! Starting mine early!

1 comment:

$teve said...

Enjoy your weekend Lilie!!!