Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tough week

Hey everyone!

Well, it's been a tough week... I basically worked 11 hour days on Monday and Tuesday to meet my deadlines, and today I was able to leave after 10 hours. Yay, Week 2! Well, most of it was my choice, too. I didn't want to leave at 6pm because traffic was going to be crappy, so I thought I'd leave at 7 instead... and might as well do stuff I don't have to do in the morning.

So, nothing too exciting, really, except American Idol, I guess... it's kinda fun watching the first episodes because I love watching the bad ones. They always make me feel better about my own singing (which used to be good by the way, but I've been out of choir since 9th grade). I love singing... but I'll just keep it for the shower and the car with the blasting stereo after someone on TeamSpeak told me not to quit my day job... :)

Otherwise, got a new heater in my apartment... at least I think?!?! The maintenance lady told me that they vaccuumed it and installed a new part. It seems so, but I don't care, I'm not turning it on until the gas company checks it again, which unfortunately will not be until Friday next week (first date they had available). Good thing we've been having 71 degree weather - with the blinds open during the day, I come home to a 77 degree apartment... just from the sunshine coming in. Ok, sorry Mad Scientist for rubbing it in.... I'll let you all know if it's functioning...

So, today I'm grateful that I left work before 5:30. Don't get me wrong, I still like my job, but 11 hour days aren't my cup of tea. At least I'm keeping myself busy and don't see the time pass, except when it's 3pm and I go "Oh Sh*t, it's 3pm and I still have HOW much more to do?" Got to work on the organization skills... I'll come up with a system, I promise, by this weekend. That'll be my goal for the day.

Something interesting, fun, or anything today... hmmmmm... in order to not break the rules of the blog, I have to think of something. Well, something that made my day is that I had my first formal meeting with my boss and we looked over my work, and it was, well, not too bad! A few things she recommended changing here and there, but otherwise, good logic and strategy! And good job on the Strategy packet today! YAY!!! I can do this, I can do this....

Until next time - Lil' Lilie

1 comment:

A.P. said...

Why don't you just drink a cup of tea for 11 hours. That would be less stressful than 11 hour days that are not your cup of tea.

And admit it- you like rubbing in the warm weather.