Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Little things post

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to make this short and sweet and list the little things that made my week so far:

*Got a cute email from my dad today - in English

*Saw a guy on a segway going 4 mph and wearing a helmet

*Walked on the beach after work and saw dolphins (funny story. couldn't distinguish between dolphins and sharks. Surfers were around. I start freaking out. But then I see them frolicking outside of the water, which the surfers could see, and not care, so I figured they're dolphins. What a fun sight! You know when you're looking straight at a wave and right before it curls the water gets clearer? I saw them swim there. awesome!)

*Apparently my bum is on fire

*CO detector goes off again, call gas company, they show up to tell me that it's low battery (how embarassing)

*Gas man took advantage to check my heater, and it's working perfectly, yay!

*On Sunday, at 8pm, wanted to get a shelf in... so with a hammer I pounded a dozen times on the wall. The neighbor thought I wanted to communicate and knocked on his wall with a hammer 2 dozen times. Ok, I'll do it on Friday when you're at work, sheesh...

*Transferred my car insurance to be insured in Cali - yay!

*Washed my car at an organic car wash - what the fudge is THAT?!?! It only cost $3, and it's good for the environment, can't complain. But obviously, it's inevitable, (Maktoub?) because I washed my car, it was destined to rain... and it did today (cheers to work's covered parking!)

*Finally got a call from HR to find out why I can't have medical benefits, and what to do to get them

*My boss is hilarious - how can someone be an adult very serious about her job yet be excited to go to a Britney Spears concert?

*Mom's coming in a month and will help me do my taxes AND bring my rollerblades so that I can tone that bum on fire even more :)

*Will have a 3 day weekend starting Friday to do all the stuff I need to do (type up work notes, get a Cali DL and license plate)

*And of course, a new President, an improvement in our country and world... and hopefully a better economy so that I don't lose my job :)

That's about it! What little things made your day/week today? Have a great night!!!

1 comment:

$teve said...

I too am thankful for our new President...and bums that are, in fact, on fire. :)

I'm also thankful for Nyquil...because I'm gonna trip balls tonight when I get home, take a few shots, and watch Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. This is how I deal with a cold.

Don't worry, I know you wish me well. :)