Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a deal

Hi everybody,

It's Sunday night... and tomorrow will be a brand new week at work. Pretty excited, to be honest. I feel refreshed. These past 3 days off have been good to me.

I decided to start looking for bed sheets since all I have are full sheets for the aerobed and my previous bed... so I went to Target to see what I could find. I knew BBB would be way too expensive. I also wanted to indulge in the higher thread count (at least 300). Everything was around 50 bucks, on clearance, for the $250 thread count... sigh. Then, a clearance shelf was glowing. I went over, and Ta-Da!! Brace yourself... found a whole queen sheet set... (fitted sheet, flat sheet, two pillowcases) with 1000 thread count... for only $25. What?!?!? Is this for real? Well, it was on the clearance sticker price... originally $100. SOLD! Actually, why don't I grab a second one, since it's such a good deal. Yeah, it's kind of a boring Ecru color, but I felt the sample... and it feels just delightful. And I can deal with ecru. It's close enough to beige. Yay for deals!

At lunchtime, I did something I haven't done in years... went to Quizno's. (As you guys may recall, I don't eat bread anymore). But darn it, it was there, it was lunchtime, I was hungry, and I remembered how much I loved their chicken carbonara and their mesquite chicken. Mesquite chicken it is. I savoured it, it tasted good... but paid for it later. Although I walked to the beach about 1-2 hours later, for an hour and 30 minutes :), I tried to run... and did it for 4 minutes (my next goal) but it was really hard and I kinda felt like crap. I hate to say it, but bread and cheese and yummy meats and creamy sauces are evil and bad for me. I learned my lesson (not really, went to the store and bought some Camembert later today (gasp!) and have eaten a quarter already)... ok, I'm cheating a little this week, but I promise it's not an every week thing. I felt like cheese, darn it... and right now is my "cranky" time, so comfort foods are awesome.

The walk to the beach today was kind of fun though. I walked clear to the Redondo Pier, there were lots of people, a wind so strong that seagulls were flying in place or backwards (please don't poop in my hair, please don't poop in my hair), people playing volleyball again on the beach... the sky really cleared up from the past few days, and I guess that rain is now greeting most of you back in Utah with 3 ft of snow in the mountains. Babe, you know how much I hate it when you attack me with snowballs? I almost miss it :)

Hope you all had a great weekend... I still haven't decided on the furniture thing because no one's left comments for me, lol. Just kidding. I'll make a decision on my own, but I just like support :)

A demain.

No comments: