Monday, February 2, 2009

Food, gloree-ous food!

Well, it's been a while.

It's been a busy and productive weekend.

Friday I went to the DMV and got my Cali license plates :)

Saturday I went to Ikea, bought furniture and set up delivery for Sunday. I got my bed delivered around 2pm. It is, oh so very comfy. And high. That mattress is just massive. I have to jump to get on.

Sunday, did absolutely nothing related to football. I got my Ikea furniture delivered at 9AM, built two dressers and a coffee table. That's right, all by myself. I also made crepes to bring to work on Monday. On the way to Von's to buy Nutella, I get hit on by a 40 yr old Iranian. Great. Nice guy. I'm taken though, and you're... well, kinda old. But thanks. I'm flattered :)

Today, went to work - and welcomed the newest member on our team, Boss Man J, who started today. We did a breakfast potluck to celebrate him and me (although I've been there two months now) coming to the team.

Holy crap it's been two months!!!

On the menu for breakfast today:
Crepes, Nutella & Raspberry jam by me
Bagels, whipped cream cheese and lox by Boss Lady M
Yogurt & Granola by Boss Lady P
Juice & milk

It was a great way to start the day. And we all started watching Super Bowl commercials. Umm, aren't we supposed to be working? Oh well, not much to do this week. Let's enjoy!

That was the fun-filled weekend.. and first day of the work week.

Running update: ran 4 minutes Saturday, 4.5 on Sunday and 5 minutes today. I also saw 5 Dolphins close to the shore travelling in my direction along the shore today. With the sunset in the background, it was absolutely magnifique. That's what I'm grateful for today.

I'm also grateful for having a man in our office. I love my lady co-workers, but there is way too much estrogen in there. Need a good balance. :) He also seems like a fun guy. Yay! We have a really fun office.

Something funny today? I came home to an apartment that's a total mess. There's still boxes laying around, I moved everything that was on my bedroom floor to the living room floor this weekend, until I get the last dresser assembled... YEAH. You may wonder why this is funny to me - but I hate messy apartments, yet I live in one. Oh well... will clean it tomorrow. Tonight I'm relaxing on the couch with my awesome coffee table and watching Family Guy.

How was your weekend? Hope it was a great one. Feel free to leave me a note and tell me about it!

1 comment:

A.P. said...

Congrats on your new furniture! I hope it livens up the place. Sorry I did not text you back, but I didn't get it for a while. Phone was dead... :(

Post pictures! I wanna see!