Thursday, February 5, 2009

Soirée Tranquille

Hey everyone,

Well, it's been another great day. Work was easy as 2 hours of it were spent in a French restaurant called "Fraiche" for Boss Lady P's birthday. It was fantastique! For me, it was a pasta dish with clams, pancetta, chili powder and herb breadcrumbs. It was good, but too much butter. Wish I got the prosciutto panini instead. We all shared 2 desserts - one was a creme caramel with a dash of cinnamon - very good, and some kind of chocolate torte with sour cherries and chocolate malt ice cream. Yum.

Well, enough about food... although I could talk about food all day... it started pouring rain in the afternoon so I left before 5 to avoid heavy traffic. I came home to a 63 degree apartment when the past week it's been about 78. I've got a working heater now, so no problemo.

Tonight I looked over my bills, cleaned up the dining room table full of bills, had organic butternut squash soup (yum!) and after posting this I'm going to make a salad. I've also decided to do the fruit flush again starting tomorrow. I've been bad with the pasta today, as well as the cookies the sales people brought over this week...

Today I'm grateful that I get to spend a tranquil evening in front of the TV - "Click" is on FX. I loved that movie. The dog humping the stuffed animal got old fast, but still a cute show with an awesome message. Plus, I get Adam Sandler Goofiness. Good night!

1 comment:

$teve said...

P.S. I knew Soiree Tranquille was tranquil evening in my native tongue. I'm getting good at this French thing...as long as I don't have to speak it. :)