Monday, February 9, 2009

Assurée - Rassurée

Good feelings of the day:

* Got my medical insurance card in the mail

* Got a check from the DMV for $52 because I overpaid when I registered my car

* I was actually done with everything at work at 4 and left at 4:30

* Got a reminder that I haven't ordered my 5 year anniversary gift with my company, which was over a year ago, so I browsed the catalog, and there I found it... a stand mixer which duals as a hand mixer - perfect for making crepe batter, chocolate mousse and whipping up some good stuff. And it's FREE!!!! Now, if I can only find room in my kitchen for it...

* Ate really well today. Home-made fruit Smoothie for breakfast, steak and lots of veggies for lunch, apple and almonds as a mid-afternoon snack, and tonight - about to cook some lamb with green beans and maybe some applesauce for dessert.

So, most people liked the apartment pictures, which is good, considering I don't have great interior decorating skills. Mom & SD say that my kitchen counter is too crowded - which is true, but I still have the counter space I need...

Wait!!

Omg! I'll be right back.


(Hold Musak)



(6 minutes later).

Wow, I just had an epiphany again (been having a lot of those lately).
I knew that the dish drainer is what's taking up half the space.
Since I have two kitchen sinks that are a fairly decent size, and I'm only one person, why don't I just use one of the sinks to put the dish drainer in?!?!

Voila! Look at that counter space!

The dining room is still a bit messy, but it's all paperwork I gotta file...
Huh? HUH??!!!!!! My genius days show up once in a blue moon.

Have a fantastic week.

2 comments:

A.P. said...

Hold Music is not the same when you have to read it...

$teve said...

Du dududu dooodu, do dududu dodedooo, scooby dup dududooodoooo. You all know that's the AMEX hold music, right? :)

By the way Lilie, I don't know what it is with you and putting "ass" and some form of "booty" in all your blog titles recently...but I like it. Keep up the good work...and les photos.