Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Zee Best Weekend... Ever

Wow, it's been a while.

So I last left you on the night of Friday the 13th. After I wrote my blog, I just watched TV. Around 8:30 or 9pm, I get a call. It's my sweetie!

Me: Hey babe, how's it going? It sounds like you're outside...
BF: Yeah, just going for a walk...
Me: What's that sound in the background?
BF: Oh, that's just people passing by in a car
Me: Um, babe, it kinda sounds like you're at an airport... omg, are you at the Salt Lake airport?
BF: No... well, I'm actually at the Long Beach Airport
Me: WHAT?!?!?

So I go get him. I couldn't believe it, he said there's no way he'd get on a plane before Sunday. He surprised me, the sneaky boyfriend!!

He really wanted to be here for Valentine's. What a sweetie... and Valentine's turned out to be probably the best day of my life. We grabbed a jamba juice, walked on the beach and did other Valentine's Day things... so much fun. I was so happy to see him. Ditto for him. It had been about a month...

Since I didn't know he'd be here for valentine's, I didn't make any dinner reservations. We walked by a few places, most were sold out. We decided to just go to Buca di Beppo since it's close to my house. We had a lovely dinner of penne pasta, artichokes, sundried tomatoes and chicken, and a tiramisu heavy of the rum for dessert. After dessert, BF puts a small box in front of me...

Me: "For me? Do I open it now?"
BF: "Of course!"
Me: open, see a big beautiful ring, gasp silently.. "Is there something you want to ask me?"
BF: "Um, yeah.... will you marry me?"
Me: "Of course!" I get up, kiss him, shed a small tear of joy.

We go back home. At the restaurant, we had a tiny table right by the kitchen, so probably didn't want to get down on one knee... so he did it at home to put the ring on... it's beautiful.

BF is now the fiancé, and I couldn't be happier to confirm that I'll spend the rest of my life with the man I've loved for the past 7+ years...

He stayed the week, and it was really great. We cooked together, took walks on the beach, had great conversation, had fun just hanging out. I can't wait to get married... although we've decided on Summer 2010. Plenty of time for me to plan!

He, however, will stay in Utah as he got the opportunity to go back to school for free and should be starting this summer. I'm so happy for him. In a time when it's hard to find a job, why not get an education instead so that when we come out of this recession he will have an advantage with a degree.

Of course, this means that I'll spend the next 18 months probably living alone here in SoCal, and am thinking about going back to Utah in the spring next year. Who knows! I'll survive.

It's now lonely here again, and I'm adjusting. My parents are in Palm Springs for the week though and will come visit me all day Friday and spend the night before they drive back home. Hurray! I'll have Friday off - well appreciated after yet another stressful week at work.

And now, I leave you with a picture most of you probably wanted to see.... Have a great night!

1 comment:

$teve said...

Congratulations to both of you!!!