Sunday, February 8, 2009

Promis: Les Photos!

Happy Sunday!

Well, what a fun day today. As promised, I'm posting pictures of my apartment!!

First, I just want to say... that I went to Whole Foods this morning and forgot how heavenly this store is. They had so many yummy things and I just wanted to try them all... they have a sushi bar, this one had a whole wall of ready Asian hot foods, paninis, gelatos, breakfast buffets... holy crap. Good thing I've got self control, since it's the last day of the fruit flush - and I need to be good. My self-control is what I'm grateful for today :). The store is neat and clean... much better than Sprouts, where I've been going... and full of organic goodness. Given, it's a little more expensive... but that just means I need to be extra careful, and dang it, I want to take care of my body.

Not much else going on today, it poured rain this morning as I went to the store, and now it's cleared up and the sun's rays are warming up my living room couch, where I'm typing this... it feels nice. Maybe I'll go on a nice little walk later.

So here are the pictures of my apartment, as of yesterday, Saturday 2/7, after 7 weeks of moving in:

Kitchen (counter space as maximized as I could make it):
Bathroom (going with a beach theme, lots of white, sand and ocean colors):


My bedroom with the new furniture & bed:


Living room with new coffee table:

And that's about it for today! It's starting to look decent... although I still need more (bedside table(s), lamp for the living room).

Another thing at Whole Foods - I was actually looking in the wine section, something I've never done (I don't drink) to try and find a bottle of Marsala wine. There's this fun Chicken Marsala recipe that I'd like to try and although I could probably use 2 Buck Chuck, it says going for the Marsala is totally worth it (although, would I really know the difference?). Is Marsala considered a cooking wine and maybe I was supposed to look in the cooking aisle? How expensive is a bottle of Marsala? Is Marsala a name of wine like Merlot, Chardonnay, etc? Can I just buy 1.5 cups of Marsala? LoL. Thanks in advance for the advice. By the way Mom - Costco has a TON of organic wines.

My feel-good thought of the day: I'm all caught up on my bills and got my work laptop to work with my wireless connection last night - for the first time. I may be able to work from home from time to time now! Maybe President's day? I'll run it by boss lady :).

2 comments:

$teve said...

I'll have you know that I got REALLY excited by your post title...and then a wee disappointed in the photos containing no women...but you have an awesome chic apartment. I especially like the blanket on your bed. It'd be a lot cooler if it were a tiger though. :)

A.P. said...

The apartment is gorgeous!

By the way, do you know why the wine is called 2 Buck Chuck?

Its quite a funny story...