Friday, February 13, 2009

De La Folie!

So excited it's Friday...

I basically didn't want to jinx it yesterday, but Friday the 13th is usually a lucky day for me.

Today, work was... slightly stressful, very busy, and extremely eventful.

What happened today:

Twice today Boss Lady M told me good job on something I took the initiative to do.

Something got screwed up because a certain someone changed something in one system and not the other, nothing I could really do, let's just say that work on Tuesday is going to be an interesting day for me, perhaps a nightmare for others.

I've got awesome coworkers who helped me through this busy day today. We also had really good laughs. I heart my coworkers!

Today was officially the first day these past few weeks where my life made sense again, that work is hard but I'm gettingoing through it, I'm noticing things and pointing them out, I'm asking questions, things are working out again - and my thirst for knowledge keeps growing. What an awesome feeling.

I left work at 5 in the middle of what would usually be rush hour, yet it only took me 30 minutes to get home. I was smiling the whole time.

Since it rained most of the day today, It got dark early, and knew I couldn't get home in time to walk to the beach... so took a scenic drive home along the beach, and took a few pictures for the one day photo project, which I shall post soon. What a peaceful end to a busy day.

BF and I had a two hour conversation last night, and he reminded me what a talented, smart, caring person he thinks I am. That + my mom's email the other day just brought a big, huge smile on my face. I love you guys!!

So, I'm still in Cali if you're wondering... because BF just might get here... although not in time for V-day, but at least in a few days, and will probably stay for a week. I'm uber excited. Older Bro is in San Diego this weekend, maybe I'll give him a call if BF doesn't arrive tomorrow and we'll hang out in Orange County or something...

Happy Valentine's Day, be sure to tell those you love that you love them and care about them and will always be there for them. Don't just say it though, mean it and do it :) Thanks for being such awesome friends and family!!

No comments: