Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cuisiner, C'est Facile!

Awesome, it's Saturday...

Yesterday at work was... interesting. I mentioned how this week there wasn't much to do, right? Well, at 2-3 PM I found out that because I changed some things around in one system, I was supposed to fill out a form and email somebody too, the whole process takes 7-10 days and it might look screwed up until it's complete. Great. So I got right on it, and basically didn't leave work until 6:20 PM. It was pouring rain too, so no way I'd take PCH - it still took about 35 minutes to get home.

Yesterday was my least favorite day of the Fruit Flush, because I'm not a big fan of protein shakes. I had an amazing salad though with baked orange roughy. Today's fruit all day, I just got back from the store and got some good stuff, and tonight's salad will consist of arugula, salmon, avocado and perhaps squash and baby carrots. Yum! See? Being healthy has its yummy moments.

Speaking of food... (LoL, when am I not speaking of glorious food?) I've been looking through this cookbook that Mom and I got at a women's conference at the Salt Palace. It's called "Lickety Split Meals" by Zonya Foco. It's awesome - the first recipe I made in there was LaZonya (my famous lasagna that everyone really likes), and I've never really made anything else besides maybe a breakfast casserole... but now I'm really looking through it and just loving the great, fast and healthy recipe ideas! A lot of them also call for spices - curry, ginger, cumin and chili powder. I love spices! The book also has a dry erase board where you can write in advance your menu items under the day of the week. I think I just might do that... what else am I gonna do by myself on weekends but enjoy planning my whole week of food?

So I'll do that this weekend, along with I'll probably finish cleaning/decorating and look for bedside tables that are tall enough for my tall, super comfy bed. Maybe go for a short walk too (can't work out during the fruit flush).

I have some fun news on people who might come visit me - Mom & SD are coming for sure on Feb. 21st to spend the day with me, then I'll drive them to the timeshare in the Palm Springs area. My brother might come the first week of March to relax on the beach all week (hope it doesn't rain!) and $teve might be planning a trip to So Cal with family, and better stop by! Remember, I've got a comfy couch and an aerobed waiting for Rocky Mountain visitors!

Today I'm grateful for being healthy, and trying to better my nutrition so that I can become uber healthy. A funny thing I saw was while walking to the bank this morning, was a kid with headphones on doing a mixture of the robot and dancing around like some idiots at a rave would. Made me chuckle a bit. Have an awesome weekend!

No comments: