Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ah, C'est Bon La Ratatouille

Tonight on the menu was ratatouille - it was yummy! I think it's the second time I ever make it by myself. If you ever want the recipe, just holla. My recipe comes from my mom, an excellent Fritalian cook.

Anyone seen the Disney cartoon? It was a really cute show. And it taught me that "anyone can cook," as that chef would say. Heck, if a mouse can cook, so can I, right? That's a little bit of inspiration and encouragement :)

Mom's used to add crushed tomatoes. I used fresh tomatoes and a little bit of spaghetti sauce. I think it looks better with just real tomatoes and no sauce or cans. You tell me.

With real tomatoes:
With tomatoes and extra sauce:
Thoughts?

Grateful for not indulging in a Milano cookie today, although I was tempted. My feel-good thought of the day: I couldn't wait to get home and cook. I think I'll make a good wife someday, and that makes me happy :)

2 comments:

katie said...

lilie, i would love your recipe! it looks fabulous!

$teve said...

C'est bon! That's a good Ratatouille...but you forgot the rat. Where else are you gonna get protein?