Saturday, January 17, 2009

WOW

No, not World of Warcraft... just a simple WOW. One hour and 40 minutes - that's the time it took me to get home from work on Friday night. The best part? Being stuck in a tunnel (I get a little claustrophobic) for about 55 minutes, while airplanes are just cruising right above me (that concrete will hold them up, right?). Yeah. So what did I do? Nothing! Just listened to music, smiled and laughed at random things. Passed the time. Why complain? Is it going to make me go any faster? Just make the most out of the situation.

This morning I woke up... at an awesome 7:30 (hurray! I love sleeping in!) although I was awakened by the most annoying barking dog (sounded like a Yorkshire) two homes down... and barked on and off (mostly on) for about 2 hours. Lovely!

Now, enough about the negativity. This is a happy blog :). Overall, it's been a great weekend so far. Went to the beach, it was a nice 73 degrees maybe. I heard a guy and a girl speak English with what I thought was a strong French accent... should I go talk to them? Nah, I'm already in the middle of the street crossing it. Maybe tomorrow, or next time. Then I went to BBB, Pier 1 Imports, a mattress store (found a good mattress, but their sale ends tomorrow... the pressure's on!!), a furniture store (gotta love the 70% off signs) and Macy's (uh... a little out of my price range).

I'm doing a 3 day "fruit flush" to eliminate toxins from the body (and lose a few pounds while I'm at it). It's designed to

a) make you lose weight fairly quickly
b) detoxify (great if you've been eating poorly) and
c) great if you've got bad habits (chocolate, fatty foods, etc...)

Today's my 3rd day and I'm glad I survived. It's basically protein shake the first day, every two hours, and fruit every two hours the second and third day. Each night you get a salad with your choice of lean protein, and olive oil and lemon juice as a dressing (couldn't wait for my delicious salad each night!!). May I say, I just love Costco frozen salmon and tilapia? It's so good!!! Anyway, if you've ever intested in doing this or learning more to see if it's right for you, I've got a 50 page PDF waiting to be sent to you. Just let me know :)

So, that's it for me! Tomorrow I'd like to check out what's on sale at Ikea, go to the beach again, buy more fruit...Today, I'm grateful that my plant is starting to recover (it was dying, and if it dies I'm going to be very disappointed in myself). A funny thing today? After going to BBB and Pier 1, I didn't find a single fruit bowl. It was the main thing I was looking for, went to the obvious stores, and couldn't find it. I find it rather funny. You?

Oh, by the way, I'm choosing to work on MLK day and getting next Friday off instead. Sweet! Why not get a day off when everyone else is working? Good night & have a great weekend!

1 comment:

A.P. said...

They have a 7:30 in the morning now?! Why was I not informed?!?