Friday, May 15, 2009

They Shouldn't Have Won

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today was a busy day at work, and I left at 4:30 to see a place to rent. I decided to start searching again... just in case I see an absolutely incredible deal. So click here to see here's what I visited.

It's a cute beach cottage! I'd have my own small backyard, off street parking, and live in a tiny house. The Patio is tiled and the landscape is cute. The only problem? If I move out of here, I want a bigger kitchen. You know how tiny my kitchen is. Well, this kitchen... was literally the size of my bedroom closet. The whole thing too was probably half the size of my current apartment. And if I gained 10 more pounds, I don't think I would fit in the shower. It felt like on a cruiseship in a way. A stand-up comedian said "wow, I almost fell out of that shower.... good thing the bed was right there to catch me." Seriously. I'm not giving up the size of my apartment and my beautiful ocean view for a patio, and savings of $55 a month.

The landlord lady, however, is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Cute lady from London, we talked about anything and everything and she made it clear that France shouldn't have won the 2008 World Cup. Too funny. Talked for over an hour on the patio. Very nice. She encouraged me to go make friends. Good point. I've got my volleyball buddies though, which is just perfect for me. I don't mind just hanging out at home on weekday nights. It's the weekends I get bored, so then comes in Volleyball. Speaking of that, Memorial Day Sunday will be Beach V-ball all day and BBQ at night. 

Today I'm soooooo grateful it's the weekend. My back is shot. Maybe I'll go get a massage or something. Ugh. I'm actually going to visit another apartment tomorrow at 1PM. I'll have to tell you all about it :)

2 comments:

$teve said...

Good luck with the search. I know how you feel with the whole "not knowing where you'll be in a few months" thing...but you'll be fine. You'll meet new people...and they'll have the pleasure of meeting you. You'll find your niche...and be back with your man before you know it. Just keep up the good work...and taking life one day at a time. You've got a great attitude. You'll do alright. :)

And if you get bored, you can always text me & I'll get back a bunch of LOL's. :)

Lilie said...

Thanks, Dr Love... I'm starting to like this whole "take it one day at a time" thing... :)