Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's a beautiful day for a blog posting.

Well, just thought I'd say hi while I try to heat up last night's dinner... what's my microwave-free method you ask? Put my dinner on a plate, put plate on top of a saucepan filled with boiling water, and cover. How have I been living with a microwave for the past 5 months?? I don't know, but I'm surviving :)

So just a recap of the past few days:

Monday night is Movie Night because I get a free Redbox Code (you know you're cheap when you can't pay a buck to see a movie, you have to wait for a free code... but I think I've mentioned this on my blog before), and watched "Bride Wars" with Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway. It was cute, whatever, it was a chick flick and it was about weddings and girlfriends. If there's one thing I can take advantage of while my man is away, is watch chick flicks.

Tuesday after work I cleaned my kitchen, I made one of my favorite dishes: Curried chickpeas and gingered black beans. So good. But to make it even better, I added the rest of the goat cheese crumbles and burratta cheese. TO DIE FOR. In fact, that's what I'm heating up right now for me to devour when I'm done posting. I then watched American Idol, and for all the years that I've watched it, because I get 200 texts a month, I decided to vote by text for the first time in how many seasons? So I vote. And I feel proud and happy. And then I get a text back saying that the voting window has closed. WHAT?!?!?! All because Cali's showing is 2 hours behind Utah's and I still have a Utah phone number. LAME.

Well, tonight I'll just hang out on my couch and watch who's going to get kicked out on AI. Nothing too exciting planned for the next few days, except that I'm getting my hair cut on Saturday (about time, it's been 7 months) and going to a work party on Sunday.

Today I'm grateful that I get to indulge in simple healthy and protein-filled curry goodness. I'm also proud that I decided to try out 2 more workout videos that came with the ones I ordered 8 weeks ago. Lost 2.5 inches in the waist since then by the way:)

Have a great night.

No comments: