Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cheering for Dick

I apologize for the teaser of my title... but I'll talk about that in just a bit.

Today, I had the privilege to work from home... today they decided to replace the carpet in the office after the flood (finally!). The office has been so stinky anyway that we wanted to prove a point - that we just can't work under these conditions, so we all worked from home. It was... really interesting! I am at my laptop all morning, went to the dentist at 11 AM, had a steamed artichoke with home made vinaigrette and sweet potato pancakes for lunch... all while enjoying a bright apartment and an ocean view and working most of the morning in my PJ's. I could deal with this :). I missed the office interaction though, everyone at work just cracks me up.

I'm grateful and proud of myself because I rollerbladed for about 30 minutes today and 45 minutes yesterday. I'm really trying to be good again so that I can be ready for bikini weather!

Last night I watched "City of Ember," which I thought was pretty creative. If you want to see a fat Bill Murray, and find out why he's on the chunky side... and want a little fun and adventure and creativity... I recommend it.

So, Sunday night's dinner was pretty fun! I had really spicy Malaysian food... and good company. There were 12 of us total, at a round table with a lazy Susan and shared some seafood curry, seafood crispy noodles, chicken curry, spicy crab, spicy beef, and other spicy stuff... and what looked like a Japanese Tiramisu, but it was more of a sponge cake. Here's a picture of some of my volleyball buddies:


Now, when Frenchies are about to drink, lift up their glass and say "Cheers," we say "Tchin Tchin." Well, everyone's asking me to speak French, as they drink their sake and beer and I sip my ice water. They say Cheers and I say "Tchin Tchin". Being with a lot of Asians, it turns out that means (or at least sounds very similar to) "penis" in Japanese (or was it Chinese?). So yeah. My whole life I've been cheering for Dicks.
Good night everybody!

1 comment:

$teve said...

I knew it... It all makes sense now... :)