Monday, March 30, 2009

And Then There Was Snow...

It's Monday, and I am home from work... why is that you ask? Me, yes, moi, decided to take a spontaneous weekend getaway in Salt Lake. I left Thursday after work, drove to the Long Beach airport and got there around 10:30 PM, then spent a wonderful weekend with friends and family - although I missed a few people. Mad Scientist - I apologize, I said I would stop by work but I was so congested and tired.... rrrr it would have been fun to see you and other co-workers!

So I spent time with my mom, Roxy (our dog) - who was super happy to see me Thursday night by the way, my brother, step brother & step sister in law, stepdad before he went to Colorado for his ski trip, had brunch with my girlfriends, and spent time with my man and his family. My man had the flu - and I unfortunately, probably caught it. I'm congested right now and have a massive headache, so I came back home this morning vs. tonight so that I could rest all day and be prepared for tomorrow's craziness at work.

It was a fun weekend! Babe, his brother and I went to see "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage. It was pretty good. The end makes you question a ton of stuff... and it was creative... and there was definitely a twist in there... anyway, I won't give up the ending or anything else. You should see it if you're into disaster movies, like me.

We were also going to see "Watchmen" and "Slumdog Millionaire." Watchmen I heard was a little disapointing... but I've seen mixed reviews. Slumdog I hear was awesome but I'm ok waiting a little longer to see it or waiting for it on DVD. Any opinions/ comments/ disagreements with my statement?

So today I got home around 11 AM, checked work emails because I'm a work-aholic, called Lady Boss M to tell her I was sick but got home safe and that I should be in tomorrow, and she offered to go to the grocery store and pick me up any groceries I need... which I thought was really sweet and I said that I'd go there later. If I stay inside all day I'd feel miserable so I had to get out.

I then took about a 3 hour nap and woke up once, then decided to walk over to the beach to get some ocean breeze for my nose, went to Trader Joe's for some groceries, Albertson's for some Zicam and Redbox for a free DVD. I got "Rachel Getting Married," since I heard it was good. So tonight consists of a delicious broiled salmon with an olive oil glaze and a appetizing salad of organic mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and sweet basil, a DVD and a warm bath. I'm working on my food verbiage so that I can open up a restaurant in my alternate life. How am I doing?

Today I'm grateful to have spent a weekend with the ones I love, and even the snow didn't bother me. Ok, that's a lie, I dislike snow, but I had to see it at least once this year, right? I was glad to be home or a bit though. It felt weird. I felt like I was in my mid-thirties coming back to a home with memories and old school stuff stuffed in boxes in my room. I've only been gone for 4 months!

Well, I wish everyone a pleasant week, and hope that I get better before $teve comes to visit this weekend so that we can go to Disneyland or Knott's Berry farm or something. Yay for company again!

No comments: