Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tant de bonnes choses

This is the week when I decide to be happy again.

Not that I was ever down really, but I decided, why not be extra, extra happy?

I recall about 6 weeks ago staying at work until about 7:45 PM on a stressful Thursday night trying to finish up my projections for the next period. It was the first time I was really doing it by myself. My colleague showed me her way of doing it, so I used that + my common sense and voila, projections were finished and I could go home to my sweet guy and enjoy the next day off and the weekend with the man I love.

Today - I get an email... saying kudos to me after getting the results that my forecasting accuracy was within +/- 3 %... and it was the best in the region.
If that wasn't the icing on the cake, we were also nominated for exceeding budget and sales (I have nothing to do with the sales part though).

Holy Moly. Here I am, 3 months into my new job, first time doing something by myself, and a kudos. I don't want to get cocky - but that was a huge self-esteem boost, a very big smile again and a sign of hope and encouragement that "hey, you know, I do like my job. And apparently, I may be good at it too. This ROCKS!!!"

Now watch the next period will be way off... LoL.... just kidding.

Well, otherwise, nothing much happening for a Wednesday night except that I threw out my lavender plant because a) it no longer smelled like lavender and b) a spider was making its home in it. I'm not sure if the American Idol results show will be tonight or tomorrow, but either way, I just wanted to share how awesome I think Adam Lambert is. Each week I can't wait to see how he's going to entertain us.

Tomorrow, we're doing another birthday lunch (yay for glorious food), and $teve will be arriving at LAX around 8PM, so I'll go get him, he'll visit my place then I'll take him back to the hotel and he can prepare for Disneyland the next day. Not me though - Friday will consist of going to work before 7, leaving by 1:45 to get to the doctor's, then chillaxing at home, finishing up work if needed.

Saturday I will certainly go to Knott's Berry farm with $teve, his mom, aunt and niece. This should be fun! Also Sunday we'll hang out and go play volleyball. Babe might come see me this weekend, and that's just awesome. We can all hang out together! Hold on.

(cell phone rings)

Ok, I'm back. That was Babe. He doesn't like the idea of me calling him "Babe" because Babe is a pig. So his code name shall now be "Guru." Allrighty hun.

1 comment:

katie said...

lilie that is awesome!!! +/-3%, i am super impressed! job well done!!! i love your blog, just an fyi! :)