Monday, April 6, 2009

Any excuse to go to Laguna...

What an awesome weekend!

Went to Knott's Berry Farm on Saturday with $teve, the Wingmans, $teve's mom, aunt and niece. It's so great to have company once in a while, and good company is always a bonus.

Great memories:

* Amazing garlic fries
* Pony Express - you're on a steel pony going 100 miles an hour on a roller coaster
* Went on a log ride - was the only one that got wet - and was wearing a white shirt (what was I thinking?)
* Staying at a theme park past 5pm for the first time in my life
* Best memory: Mrs Wingman grabbing a teenager's butt, asking why he wears skinny jeans and why they are so low "Don't you have to fold your ding dong in there?" The look on the kid's face - priceless.
* Making new friends, turns out I knew Mrs. Wingman from work over 2 years ago... and we all had a blast.
* Relaxing in the hot tub after a day of roller coasters that stop way too suddenly... my neck did not appreciate that.
* Got to open a Kinder surprise, ate the delicious chocolate... and my toy was a carousel. Haven't hada kinder surprise in over 10 years!

Sunday, $teve and the Wingman's stopped by my place, I showed them my apartment and the ocean view, and they loved it. We went to the beach, stopped by an Italian place to get Kinder Bueno and other Kinder chocolates... then went to a park to eat BBQ chicken sandwiches, and drove to my favorite hotel in the whole wide world... the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. There, we walked to the beach (which is way better than mine, by the way!), went back up on the cliff and watched an amazing sunset, just the 4 of us, while eating kumquats. We then went for baja fish tacos, and did more hot-tubbing for about 20 minutes... then I went home. I lef tthe hotel at 10:40PM, knew I had about a 1 hour drive ahead of me.... with work in the morning. It was totally worth it:)

I have pictures! But that'll be for another day this week. Today I'm grateful for the amazing sunset I saw over the beautiful Pacific ocean... although I wish Guru would've been here to enjoy it with me. Oh well. It's only an hour away :)

1 comment:

katie said...

you guys were right down the street from my house!! sounds like you had a blast! i also LOVE having company in town. makes the homesickness a little less!

hope things are going well at your job! when are you getting married?