Sunday, March 22, 2009

Some Sunday Randomness

Here's what happened this week/ weekend:

*Discovered tofu cream cheese and actually am addicted now

*Decided to learn how to roast garlic, and plan to make homemade roasted garlic hummus later

*Have a beautiful fridge full of colorful veggies, tantalizing meats and creamy yogurt

*Had a smashin' omelette this morning with andouille sausage, garlic, onions, sliced mushrooms and avocado

Ok, enough about food... although, did I mention I love food?

Speaking of food, I went to my volleyball buddies' BBQ last night, and it was pretty fun! We had really tender BBQd steak, juicy chicken, cheeseburger (I had 1/4 of a cheeseburger), some kind of transparent rice noodle dish (very eclectic bunch of people), and some good conversation. I didn't drink (no surprises), and the cheeseburger is the only thing I went off the diet from. Not too bad. The weather was fairly nice, but there was a cool breeze and got cold quickly. I still managed to spend time there until about 9pm, as they lit a bonfire to keep us warm... they were out of wood so started breaking old chairs... so, whatever. I smelled like campfire so went home, took a quick shower and watched "The Holiday" - I really like Jack Black in it as a sweet guy, and Kate Winslet's adventure in LA.

So today, might not play volleyball because it's really windy and cold... although it was supposed to rain all day but the wind chased the clouds away. It's like Mistral! Maybe I'll just go for a nice walk after lunch on the beach in a sweater and watch the angry ocean.

Other plans coming up not involving food: clean my apartment today, hang a fun print in my bedroom that I found at Michael's, vaccuum, and just chill. I'm thinking of getting a membership to Netflix because a) you know my TV's snowy b) Convenient c) I get 2,500 bonus Skymiles for it. To be honest, "c" was the best reason for me. Can't wait to go to France for free! Although it may take a few years... if only I could pay my rent with my Skymiles Amex...

Today I'm grateful that although my man's got the flu, he's feeling better today. I hope to see him in 10 days or so. I'm also grateful that for the past week and a half, I notice in the shower that I'm not losing as much hair as I used to. Maybe my thyroid is back to normal? I've got a doctor's appointment on April 3rd and we shall see.

I hope you all have/had a great weekend. A fun week, too! Au revoir.

No comments: