Saturday, March 14, 2009

Un Peu De Paris Dans Ma Chambre

It was about time I started doing my Paris collage and started hanging a few things.

Today was very productive I have to say. I went for a walk, bought $7 worth of Macarons (the French ones, not the coconut macaroons), watched "Big Fish," went to Target to buy SuperGlue and vaccuum bags, went to Pier one to return a piece of furniture, went to Michael's to try to find art to put in my dining room - something that represents food - and I've yet to find my bonheur. I then went grocery shopping, got home, ate some California rolls, got a 1 hour massage, put my Paris collage together and hung other items. The aparment is feeling more "homy," little by little. Wow, after reading this sentence again, the word HOMY looks like HORNY. That's kinda funny. Sorry if I confused anyone...

Got some updated pictures for you:


Hung paintings and got a side table

Found a place for my plant
I love candles... even above the loo


More candles in the bedroom

My Paris collage up close:
And what it looks like above my bed.
It would look way cooler if I had a bed frame...
and cooler bed sheets...
but it's a start.

So that's my day! Today I'm grateful that I get a little Paris in my bedroom, and I had a huge smile on my face after I hung everything. It's a good feeling to accomplish things that will make your living environment more pleasant. Sometimes the ocean view just isn't enough :)

My interesting thought of the day - as I hung the Paris frames, I saw the very first spider in this apartment. Not that I'm scared, but I wanted to kill it - so I hopped on the bed, took a paper towel up to it... and thought I had smashed it... but no, as I took the paper towel off it fell to the ground and started running, so I screamed really loudly. I caught it in time though... and the apartment is now spider-free. Or, so I think.... I wonder where the little bugger came from?

I hope everyone's having a great weekend, I'd like to give a shout-out to my sweetie who became an uncle a few days ago, and who will come see me hopefully very soon. I'd also like to give a shout-out to the non-dairy "Tofutti" cream cheese I bought today, because hey, it doesn't taste that bad!

What made your day/weekend? A bientot...

No comments: