Saturday, June 20, 2009

Les Hauts & Les Bas

It's Saturday and I've had a pretty interesting day so far running on little sleep.

Went to bed at midnight last night, watched AMC: "True Lies", "Die Hard 2" (never had seen any of the Die Hard series) and about half of "Commando." It was a pretty relaxing night on the couch with my sweetie. We woke up at 2:58am to call Jetblue to confirm, then we woke up at 5:23am (alarm was set for 5:00 but I hit snooze too many times), realizing that, oh crap, we have 2 minutes to get ready and head out for the airport. He made it, which is good because he gets to spend Father's Day with his fam, bad because we could've had one more day together... but it's all good. That's what standby will do :)

I was home by 7:30 am and went to Kohl's, went grocery shopping, and I've pretty much been watching TV since. Fell asleep during "Romi & Michelle's High School Reunion" (can you blame me?), watched "Vegas Vacation" with Chevy Chase, which was fairly funny, then "Spanglish" which is a movie I can kind of relate too, being foreign. Now, I know, you'll say it was a pretty unproductive day - but I've been doing chores in between commercials. 

So It'll be probably another 6 weeks till I see my man - until then, my mom will come visit me Pioneer Day weekend, which 'll be fun. I also have my best friend from elementary in France who might be coming to visit me mid-august.

So nothing much planned for the next month... except a potluck party on July 3rd if I end up staying here, which I probably will. 

Today I'm grateful that I was able to spend a great week with my man. What made me laugh today: trying to down a 16 oz energy drink in 5 minutes, before passing security at the airport.

Wishing you a fantastic weekend!

No comments: