Wednesday, June 17, 2009

La Vie est Belle

Hello everyone,

Just a quick hello to say that I'm spending a wonderful week with my man here. After he arrived early Friday night, along with the whole Salt Lake Real Soccer team, we went to a delicious & cheap Thai restaurant. Saturday we got his hair cut, saw the Real's Assistant Coach there who remembered Guru, and later that night we saw "The Hangover" which was absolutely hilarious. Fat Jesus made the movie. It is rated R though, for lots of swearing and the famous end credits.

I've been getting to work early each day (7am) so that I can leave early (4pm) and spend time with my man. Not only am I getting off early, I'm getting home in 25 minutes vs. the usual 40! It's awesome!

Friday I'll be working a little from home, then get the rest of the day off. Tonight I made my famous lasagna and used about 2 lbs of cheese (no kidding!). Yum!

This week I'm grateful for great company. On Sunday, we went to my work party and everyone finally got to meet Guru. Here's what made me laugh all week long:

Monday:

Boss Man J: So, um, how old is Guru?!?!?
Me: He'll be 27 in August.
Colleague K: What?!? No way!
BMJ: yeah, I don't buy it. I though he was at least 2 years younger than you.
Me: Come on, didn't you see that he's graying already?
BMJ: What? I thought that was painter's dust or something
Colleague K craking up.

Tuesday:
Boss Lady M comes in: "Good morning! So it was great to meet Guru, he's so personnable and seems like a great guy... but, um, how old is he??!!
Me: He'll be 27 in August.
BLM: What?!! No way!!! I was thinking about it. He looks about 20, but you started dating 8 years ago so he would've been 10 something... so that can't be right
Me: Cracking up. "Come on, didn't you see that he's graying already?"
BLM: well, my sister started graying at 18... hmmm...
Me: Yeah, Guru doesn't age. We even got ID'd to go see the Hangover.

Wednesday:
Stand up meeting.
BLM: So what did you guys do last night?
Me: Oh, we decided to go to Buca Di Beppo. It was good!
BMJ: Why, because kids eat free?

and we all started cracking up again.

I work in a laughter filled office. It's great :)

Good night everyone!

1 comment:

mcoburn said...

Fanou et moi, qu'est-ce qu'on s'est marres!!