Friday, November 13, 2009

Je Retourne a La Solitude

Hi everyone!

Wow. What a great past few weeks. Babe came to see me, was able to spend my 25th birthday with me, and he got to meet all my Cali friends as they threw me one of the best birthday parties ever. About two dozen people met up at L&D's house, and we had ourselves a feast on their outdoor patio at night around a campfire, with dishes from probably 10 different nationalities, and I even had a made-from-scratch birthday cake with Eiffel Towers and Arc de Triomphe's on them. 

The past few weeks have been interesting. Even after 8 years of being together, Babe and I keep discovering new things about each other. I love spending time with him. I love coming home to him and saying "honey, I'm home!" and he greets me with a sincere hug and warm embrace. We talk, we laugh, we cry (well, I cry rather, lol), we enjoy each other's company... what more could I ask for?

Enough with the lovey-dovey stuff. I am now back to me living by myself - which usually means 3-4 days of mild depression, then cheering up again. This time though, I have to say, I'm doing pretty well. After dropping off babe at the Airport Thursday morning and a long day at work, I came home, it was dark, and no one to greet me... it was more wierd than anything. Got used to having someone there. But I'm getting through it - because there are some positives of him being gone - he's not taking over the computer so I can be back on! Yipee! Hahaha.

So, what's new with me, let's see...

*Had a fabulous birthday, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, always appreciated :)

*Got some cool presents too this year... fondue pots, cash, flowers, Windows 7, edible arrangements, gift cards, thinner eyebrows, 40 year old family picture, and more...

*Had 70 degree weather for my November birthday, which has never happened in my life...

*Coworkers took me to our usual birthday lunch, where they take the birthday person somewhere (my choice, a delicious French restaurant in Culver City, Fraiche) and split the cost between them (had a merguez sandwich - so good!!! The chocolate panna cotta and pineapple upside down cake with coconut ice cream were to die for)

*This weekend, I get to relax, organize my apartment a bit, throw away all the unhealthy foods in my fridge to stop eating all the crap I've been eating lately

*Usual volleyball on Sunday I hope, then possible get-together at my place after from French Crepes - because I feel like it (I don't have to eat them though! All for my guests)

*Thanksgiving: no idea what I'm doing yet, but I'm staying in Cali. Have Thursday and Friday off from work, might see what the Irvine Cousins or San Diego Aunt and Uncle are doing, see if I can invite myself... otherwise, Boss Lady M invited me to her house and her crazy family (her words). Boss Lady M's family is Italian, so you know there's bound to be some delicious food...

*Christmas: I'm so excited, I just booked my plane ticket! I'm coming to Salt Lake and I'll land late on Dec. 22nd and come back early Jan. 5th, ready to go straight back to work.

Nothing else new... except that I might switch to Verizon and get the new Motorola Droid, and I may be getting a cat too... but I have to fall in love first. I went to a few pet shelter places and they really don't warm up to me at all. Maybe I'm a bitter old woman. We'll see. Plus, if I'm going to Salt Lake for 2 weeks, I don't want to deal with it right now... 

Today I'm grateful for the weekend, getting some rest, not being awakened at 5 in the morning by the smell of bacon... tomorrow I'm going to sleep in till 7:45am... and it's going to feel so good!!!!!

Have a great weekend you guys.

No comments: