Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Committing Carbocide!!

What a week!


First off, last weekend.

Friday - tried to get a Volleyball court at 3PM on a Friday that everyone has off. Fun. I walked up and down the strand and finally found one that just vacated. After a few hours, we had a potluck at Ben & Renée's, and it was really fun! Ben can sure BBQ...

Saturday - woke up at 6:30 and left at 7 to get V-ball courts again as it is the busiest day of the year and people have gotten in fights before trying to hold a court that early. 

Why was I assigned to get the courts you ask? Is it the fact that I've got great big muscles and can fight off a gang of pissed off middle aged men? Is it because I look intimidating enough that they won't even dare try to fight me?

Good guesses, but no. It turns out I live the closest. And there's nothing like a morning workout on the beach on a beautiful day, so I volunteered.

Except that the morning V-ball turned into an all day feast, and moralité: I was there from 7:30 AM to 6 PM with 75 degrees and clear afternoon skies.

Please, aloe vera, and my sweetie to rub it on, I need you NOW. MAINTENANT. AHORA.

Sigh.

At least my face isn't peeling anymore - now it's going to my shoulders. Gosh darn it.

Did I learn my lesson? Yes. I will not only apply sunscreen everywhere but I will re-apply every 3-4 hours. and maybe go home from noon-3 on similar days. 


It was so much fun though. We played 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4, and you guessed it... 5 on 5. At night we watched fireworks from the beach and Ben & Leo gave me big hugs as they are so happy that they have found me because they think I'm such a nice person. But the truth is, I'm so glad I found them. They're really cool people, most in their late 20s to early 30s, married or gay, and they want me to hang out with them a lot. And honestly, I'd love more friendship... in this state too.

Last night actually, Leo, Lillian, Renée and I went to a special screening to see "Brüno." I thought it wouldn't be as bad as Borat. Borat just plain disgusted me. Brüno was.... WOW. I was cracking up a lot, but seriously... sex-wise, I think it was worse than Borat. At least I had a fun night out in Hollywood, and went to a Thai place: "Palm Thai" after with an Asian guy doing Elvis impersonations. Went to bed at 11:30 and got very little sleep... but it was worth it to have a weeknight off the couch :)

Not much else going on! If you want to see pictures of the 4th of July, they're on Facebook. If you don't have to Facebook, I guess you'll have to beg me to post them here.

Deal?

Today I'm grateful for meeting great friends. For my well being today, I'm eating negative calorie soup. That's the kind of soup that takes more calories to burn than digest.

Tomorrow - work and beach V-ball.

Saturday - relax and run errands

Sunday - more Beach Vball.


Yes, yes, I'll remember sunscreen. Have a great night!

No comments: