Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's about time...

Hi everyone,

Well, I thought it would be about time I have a blog. For those of you who don't know, I've had the pleasure of accepting a killer job by LAX with the company I've been with for six years... I start on Monday, December 1st, and couldn't be more excited.

My mom and I drove all day Friday (10 hour drive), visited 9 apartments today (pictures will show up eventually) and plan to see a few more tomorrow. I'm glad that she's here with me because I've never really rented before, so she's there to show me what's cool and not :) We saw some laughable places, mediocre ones, decent ones, and awesome ones... even with a small ocean view. I'd be splurging on that one, but I really like it... and can probably do it. We'll see what tomorrow brings... and I've got a few days, even weeks to make a decision.

So, there's a few reasons for this blog:

a) I hope that you will go to it if you ever wonder what is happening to Good ol' Lilie.

b) I want to try and post two things each time, and encourage you to do the same with your own life and/or blog: 1. What are you grateful for today, and 2. What's something interesting and unusual and/or fun that happened to you today. 

So here goes. I'm grateful that even though I've had a cold all day, I was still able to make to 9 apartments, take 170 pictures, and my mom was there to make me feel better and make me laugh all day. Something unusual? I walked on a beautiful beach and pier in a short sleeve t-shirt, in November. As in, almost December, so almost winter. That's right, be jealous.

Anyway, this was pretty simple and painless, right? I encourage all of you to think of good things that happened to you. As Dr. Love would say, "No need to thank me, just pay it forward." :)

No comments: